Friday 4 November 2011

I Don't Know How She Does It


The tagline to I Don't Know How She Does It is something to the effect that 'if it were easy, men would do it too'. It is obvious therefore that this is a comedy about a working wife and mother with a touch of gender politics thrown in for good measure.

Sarah Jessica Parker is the working wife and mother in question. She portrays a professional in the man's world of investment banking. In real life we know that SJP is a working performer, wife and mother but I suspect her real life wealth and status deliver all manner of assistance and flexibility not available to her screen character.

I see that the film has earned very little at the box office and presumably has not been well received by audiences.

I didn't mind it. Yes, it is too cute by half and packed with cliches but I had a few giggles as the film progressed. It helped that Greg Kinnear is one of my favourite eye candy actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment