Sunday 18 December 2011

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol


Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to track down a file containing Russia's nuclear missile launch details. Of course that doesn't sound too simple and you just know complications will set in anyway but who better to handle them than intrepid Tom Cruise and his lady du jour. Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is slick and full of high tech supported derring-do.

It's a load of nonsense really but all done very effectively. The scenes atop and outside Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower in Dubai, are surprisingly effective and suspenseful and I have to concede the set ups are really imaginative at times.

Cruise may have lost whatever was left of his fresh youthful look and his face is really starting to show his age but there is no questioning his energy which never flags.

I lost most of my understanding of what was going on at about the 90 minute mark with another hour still to go but the ride was entertaining despite that.

1 comment:

  1. "His face is really starting to show his age." I am two weeks younger than Tom and my face started to show its age decades ago. There probably isn't a star over 30, male or female, who hasn't had something "done."

    The movie sounds okay but I'll wait until I can borrow it for free from my library.

    ReplyDelete