Thursday 12 January 2012

By the Quay

A rare day of activity in the city for me today commencing with what I hope is the final bit of banking related to my late mother's estate and then an appointment with the solicitor to update my will. Then I called in to both Apple's and Telstra's city stores to resolve a problem I had accessing email on my new iPad. The solution proved embarrassingly simple.

It was such a beautiful day I wandered through the city taking in the sight of office workers packing indoor and outdoor eateries for lunch and recalling that for close to forty years I used to be one of their number. I ended up at Circular Quay and decided I would take in an afternoon movie there.

I had an hour to spare until the movie commenced so I took a stroll along the forecourts of the Opera House. I never tire of the sights there. Like the rest of the city, the venue was heaving with lunch and tourist activity.

Starting with the lower concourse I passed through the Opera Bar.

The outdoor dining and bar section of the Opera Bar
From the other end of the lower course and at the base of the Opera House looking to the south to the Central Business District.

Sun drenched leisure by the Opera House
The view from the Opera House back towards the city always delights me whether at daytime or night when the building lights are spectacular. The cruise ship on the right is the Rhapsody of the Seas berthed for the day at the Overseas Terminal. It's cruise season with two or three vessels in port every day.

Circular Quay and the CBD

2 comments:

  1. I hope you spelt my name correctly in the paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got as far as the first letter, Andrew

    :-)

    ReplyDelete