Saturday 14 January 2012

wtf?.....

I've just been reading about this man who is a competing to be the Republican Party's candidate for the US Presidential election later this year.

Rick Santorum


I had heard of him but otherwise knew nothing about the man until reading some of his views this afternoon. Frankly I'm shocked that someone with views he has expressed could seriously be considered for public office but then again speech is free, especially in the USA.

Included in what I read is a pronouncement in an interview from 2003 when Mr Santorum, then a Senator from Pennsylvania, was commenting on a case before the Supreme Court that argued that anti-sodomy laws were unconstitutional on the ground that adults have the right to privacy. I could understand if Mr Santorum simply stated that he did not approve of sodomy but what he is quoted as saying was

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home then you have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes it does."
That interview inspired a suggestion that if Mr Santorum wants to invite himself into the bedrooms of gays and lesbians that (we) should include him by naming a gay sex act after him. The winner of the resultant contest can easily be found simply by Googling 'Santorum'. Delicacy prevents me from publishing the winning response directly but if you really want to see the named activity then the link is here. You were warned.

1 comment:

  1. And of course I had to click on the link. Very inventive.

    ReplyDelete