Tuesday 14 February 2012

Any Questions For Ben?


It's not often I see a movie in the company of the mother of one of the actors who appears in it. I doubt that I have ever done so before, well not knowingly anyway. Cs and I went to see Any Questions For Ben? with My whose son, an emerging comedian(?) and radio and television personality who I have known since he was a primary school boy, has a small but noticeable role.

The film is an overlong comedy about modern relationships, or more particularly about an upwardly mobile young man (Josh Lawson) who has an aversion to forming relationships. Apart from being too long, the session we attended was marred by poor sound leaving us straining to capture the dialogue for long periods.

There is a potentially reasonable comedy somewhere in all of this if only the editor could put his/her scissors to the piece and tighten it.

My's son who for a time was on morning radio in Melbourne and at time of writing appears late night on television, has never impressed me much as a comedian but he makes his mark here with limited opportunities.

Perhaps the most impressive aspect of the film is how good it makes Melbourne look. It almost made me feel like living there. Only kidding, Andrew.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't take much to make Melbourne good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about Melbourne being good Andrew, but it sure looked good.

    ReplyDelete