Friday 24 February 2012

Lunch



My lunch today at Elysium Restaurant at The Spot in Randwick. There were six of us for lunch.

My meal was 'roasted corn fed chicken breast with corn and truffle cream, sautéed spring vegetables, roast corn salsa and fried basil'. The experts may question the presentation but I loved the taste. The others ordered variously pork belly, prawn or scallop dishes. All were satisfied with their meals.

For dessert I ordered 'dark chocolate panacotta with cherry jelly, lemon crumble and blood orange sorbet'. Again, I don't know what the experts would make of the presentation (I forgot to photograph it) but I thought the dessert was yummy.

There are quite few restaurants at The Spot and most seem to do good business but I have rarely seen more than a few tables occupied at Elysium during the day. Ours was the only table for the entire three hours we were there. I have never passed by in the evening.

Perhaps the menu and prices are a bit upmarket for lunch in this area. If they don't do better trade at night the restaurant is unlikely to last long. That would be a pity. We all enjoyed our meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment