Friday 23 March 2012

'Spread the news I'm on my way'*

(* 'Walking Back To Happiness' by John Schroeder and Michael Edwin Hawker)

I always have the best intentions to walk every day to build my fitness and health but time and time again (that is, every day) I find reasons not to do so...today. Usually that means slacking off on the sofa watching recorded television programs of little consequence and less importance. But tomorrow I will go for a walk. I promise.

Well I got home from the hospital early today and the weather was simply gorgeous.


Who could stay indoors on such a beautiful afternoon. Unfortunately I could but for once even I was too embarrassed to waste the afternoon on the sofa and so I went for a brisk walk around nearby Paddington and Woollahra.

I walked past the Flat White cafe, just two blocks from my place and always packed in the mornings, unvisited by me to date. It was closing for the day. One couple sat eating at their table surrounded by other tables with chairs stacked on top.


I walked past all manner of terraced and standalone housing protected by hedges and high walls.


I walked past the antique stores and the clothing stores with their inspirationally beautiful models beaming at me through the store windows.


I walked onward and homeward. A forty-five minutes walk. My heartbeat was up. I could feel it had done me some good. I must do it again tomorrow. I will do it again tomorrow.

In no time at all I will look as lean, fit and tanned as this fellow who I past at the aptly named Queen Street intersection. Two or three days; that's all it will take. Only joking.


Yep, I'm walking back to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment