Thursday 15 March 2012

Travelling north

I've flown north to the Gold Coast this afternoon.

A football match on Saturday night is the excuse for a get together. For Andrew's  benefit the football is of the unposh variety but it does involve his home town side, Melbourne Storm, playing the Gold Coast. The reason for travelling this far for a football match is that my friend Mt is in lust with the Storm's fullback Billy Slater whereas I am in lust with footballers generally.

With the excuse of that match Mt and I are meeting up for lunch pre-match with Ll and Fd driving down from Brisbane for the day and Me who is coming up from Ballina with Mt.

Some photos from my flight up follow. The take off flight path was unusually due north over the CBD, the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House and Sydney Harbour, all of which are visible in this photograph (click to enlarge).


Minutes after take off and we were flying past Palm Beach, the northern most beach in Sydney. It is the thin stretch of peninsula visible just above the jet engine. The Aussie teen soap opera 'Home and Away' is filmed here. The mouth of the Hawkesbury River is to the right of the peninsula (I think).


The Jetstar A320 plane looked clean and new.


My carry on bag and my gorgeous legs.


2 comments:

  1. Melbourne has an unposh team? A bogan team? How sad but I'll bet they will win. They will do it for Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And win they did, handsomely.

    ReplyDelete