Wednesday 27 June 2012

Pop up misery


This is my car key. It pops out of its container at the press of the circular button. At least that is what it is supposed to do.

It failed to do that this afternoon when I purchased petrol and went to open my car after paying for my purchase. This possibly probably happened because I dropped the key on the service station driveway as I reached for the door.

The container resisted all attempts in the next ten minutes by myself and a service station employee to activate the key. I rang my roadside vehicle assistance provider and was told I faced a 90 minutes wait for help and so settled down unhappily to wait my turn all the while trying to work on the container. After five minutes or so, the key suddenly activated.

Waiting only to cancel my roadside assistance call, I raced off to the safety of home and the comfort of a backup key.

Don't you love modern technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment