Wednesday 10 October 2012

'Day of shame'.....

...the headline in this morning's major Sydney newspaper. The newspaper was referring to yesterday evening's sudden resignation of the Speaker of the Australian House of Representatives in somewhat scandalous circumstances.

For a moment, though, I thought it was me who had made the front page of the newspaper. I have my own day of shame. I won't go into the details but I made critical comments to a staff member at the hospital for what I considered were deficiencies in the organisation of a training course. The staff member did not take my comments well and has lodged a complaint. I concede that I overstepped the mark so I have been asked to apologise in writing.

The great, the less than great and the anonymous all make their mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Lesser men would have called a forty five minute press conference and rambled on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would you have in mind, Andrew? :)

    ReplyDelete