Saturday 22 December 2012

Beware

It matters not whether I travel alone or with others the odds are I will be taken aside by airport security for the bomb residue test. I don't know what it is but it must be something in my looks. I'm a sixty-three years old man. I reckon whatever days of terrorism I might have had in my CV are now well past. Only kidding, really, I am only kidding.

It has happened again this morning. The security guard waved his explanatory card in my face in the Qantas domestic terminal and wearily I answered with a degree of hyperbole 'I have done this a million times'. Obviously an exaggeration. He didn't laugh. He didn't smile.

He waved his wand about me and then waved me on. My fellow passengers are safe.

3 comments:

  1. Our taxes being wasted. We have a friend a good bit older than you are and he is always targeted for explosive tests. I've heard a fair share of little old ladies get tested too. Haven't they heard of profiling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, perhaps some profile people they hope won't complain to get their 'numbers'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My theory is that people who are attracted to do jobs like this a predisposed to be bullies and the people who get picked are the sorts of people that bullies like to pick on apart from a bit of "profiling" based on actual reasons or their prejudices and at times coinciding with the people they are going to pick on anyway.

    ReplyDelete