Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas present tango


Video CHICAGO - Cell Block Tango - catherine... by tanemsu

Last year on my Christmas Day visit to Brisbane the two married daughters of my local friends gave me Christmas presents. Their generous gesture was unexpected as they had never given me presents in previous years. I was embarrassed that I had not come armed with presents for them especially as I was in no position to conjure up something in exchange.

In preparation for this year's visit I mentioned last year's embarrassment to my Ballina friend (who was there last year and would be there again this year) and said that I would make sure I had presents for the daughters this time.

Unbeknown to me, my Ballina friend mentioned my embarrassment to the parents who passed this information on to their daughters but she must not have added that I would be bringing presents for them this year. As a consequence the daughters, in deference to my feelings, did not have presents for me this year and were in their turn embarrassed when I handed over presents to them.

We'll have to work on our dance steps.

2 comments:

  1. It would be so much easier if people stopped giving presents and just enjoy the turkey instead. Hope you had a great xmas and best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Ad Rad on that one. For the first time ever, my nephew bought us a christmas gift. We gave him a $30 gift card and he gave us a $25 gift card. Back at ya, as he said.

    ReplyDelete