Sunday 23 December 2012

the Coast

Well I made it safely to Brisbane, collected my rental car and completed the drive south to the Gold Coast to catch up with my various friends who live there.


The view from my accommodation for two nights, typical Gold Coast; sun, surf and skyscrapers.

Unfortunately I suffered an adverse effect from my flight similar to the vertigo I experienced for weeks after a flight in 2009 but not thankfully not quite as severe. It has certainly provided a downer to my two days on the coast but I managed to complete my three scheduled visits today. These took me from Harbour Town in the north through Maudsland in the hinterland and down to Tweed Heads on the New South Wales side of the border. A lot of driving in my little rental car completed without further damage to myself nor to the other drivers on the road around me.

There was a Carols on the Beach staged on that section of beach visible in my photograph this evening. From what little I could hear in my bedroom it was a very modern sounding Carols; not my style. It drew a big crowd.

Tomorrow I drive back north to Brisbane.

1 comment: