Thursday 31 January 2013

Battle of the beaches and the bulge

We arrived in Rio de Janeiro this morning. Ahead of a trip to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain by cable cars and then a Portuguese BBQ scheduled for later in the day Hn and I had a quick wander around the precinct of our hotel.

The hotel fronts right on to Copacabana Beach and is also just two blocks to Ipanema Beach.

Here are a couple of images.

Copacabana Beach viewed from in front of our hotel
Ipanema Beach

One thing quickly obvious is that for lovers of budgie smugglers - or rather...lovers of viewing budgie smuggler wearers - this is a little piece of heaven. I have rarely seen such a display of...ahem...over-ample bulges. I scarcely knew where to look. I also felt somewhat faint, although the heat and humidity might have contributed to that.

5 comments:

  1. Hardly knew where to look, *snort*. So Nandos for lunch was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, the Portuguese BBQ Rio style was nothing like Nandos, rather it was akin to Yum Cha on steroids in terms of quantity of food and speed of delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are an adventurous eater and enjoy meat and beans, I can highly recommend feijoada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No such thing as "over-ample" budgies. I suppose you were shy to take a pic - or just shy to share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt it would be too obvious for me to photograph them, Marcellous

    ReplyDelete