Saturday 6 April 2013

Big gay brunch

Blogger Adaptive Radiation has been in town for several days with his delightful partner Nathan and it was my pleasure to spend time with them for brunch this morning. I don't think anyone was advertising our gathering in the manner of the following promotion; but if so, any takers might have been disappointed.


I wasn't surprised how nice Nathan is because I had met AdRad previously in Melbourne and he is a lovely person. As if it wasn't sufficiently embarrassing that they, the visitors, paid for my brunch, Sydney was on its worst display with rain falling for most of their visit.

We'll do better on your next trip. I promise!

4 comments:

  1. Don't think of it as a precedent just because they paid for your brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Adaptive Radiation's blog and about the death of his friend's partner. I immediately thought of Andrew (above) but now realize he's still with us (thankfully!). The only other Andrew I know of in Melbourne is Evol Kween's partner. I'm wishing and hoping that it wasn't him. Such sad news, in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Victor: We are back in (dry) Melbourne. Both Nathan and I had a great time and really enjoyed seeing you. Thanks for a lovely morning.

    Wcs: To allay your concerns, the Andrew who unfortunately passed away is not any of the Andrews that you have mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AR, thanks for the update. I realize I'm halfway around the world and have never met any of you, but it's always distressing to think that someone you "know" has experienced such a loss.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete