Thursday 18 April 2013

Email down....email down......



I came home this afternoon to find myself unable to connect to my main email account.

This is the account that was sort of hacked into, or at least hijacked by, a fashionable French shoe company to spruik its wares overseas.

My initial reaction was this is all the fault of my dreaded internet provider. I always think the worst of them because I have such a long history with them of botched and unsatisfactory service. It was only a few days ago my password was changed to rid myself of the shoe company, a simple task which my provider managed to turn into a disaster with all my email accounts crashing.

After trying to get into my main account four times without success I rang the provider to be greeted with a recorded message. The service was down at their end and not just a problem for me. This was something the recorded female voice assured me that she had 'just been informed about' and she continued to tell me that she had 'just been informed' about it for the following four hours as I rang for updates.

I am relieved that the service has now been restored, a fact I notice with my in-tray suddenly flooded with a batch of new messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment