Thursday 11 April 2013

These shoes are made for hacking......


If you possess a pair of these brand name shoes (they are French) you may be wearing the proceeds of email hacking.

A certain French shoe company appears to have been sending its marketing material to email addressees in France using my personal email address. (By the way, it is not an email address associated with this blog.) I only became aware of this in the past week with error messages appearing in my in-tray for the shoe company's messages that could not be delivered.

I won't name the shoe company here as it has probably already received exposure at my unwitting expense.

I have had my password changed but only with some difficulty given that my least favourite communications service provider managed to crash my email accounts this afternoon in the attempt. I have another password that I have to remember now. Hopefully no shoe company, no matter how fashionable, is getting a free ride on my internet shoulders any more.

2 comments:

  1. They are a rather nice pair of shoes though, even if ridiculously high shoes go against my feminist philosophies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like me to get you a pair for your birthday, Andrew? I might be entitled to a discount!

    ReplyDelete