Sunday 19 May 2013

School daze


The exclusive girls' school Ascham is, at a guess, about 500 metres down the hill from my home and I noticed an unusual level activity there this cool, sunny autumnal Sunday morning. Additional umbrellas and some girls playing tennis suggest perhaps an Open Day, a Sports Day or more likely a fund raising day.

I snapped this photo from my apartment using a zoom lens.

Like several inner suburban schools in Sydney, space is at a premium. The tennis courts sit atop several levels of school rooms.

The squeals of young girls at play can occasionally be heard here on the hill when the wind blows in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. I drove past Know grammar when I was last in Sydney. Was absolutely blown away by how amazing the buildings looked. I was quite taken back by the wealth locked behind the gates of some of these 'exclusive schools'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ad Rad; my old school is on tight block in the CBD with no space for expansion yet they have created a new multi-level auditorium/concert hall which is part subterranean and converts into an amazing indoor sports facility.

    ReplyDelete