Saturday 4 May 2013

Sun, chowder, paprika

I took my houseguests for a drive across to Clifton Gardens. We strolled around the beach and the surrounds. A wedding party had gathered at Chowder Bay for a brief ceremony.

Wedding party members dispersing after the ceremony

Afterwards we moved around to nearby Georges Heights where one of my friends, Mt, had been a trainee signaller in the Womens Army forty years ago. Some of the former army buildings are still there but the area has been transformed into an artists' colony and facility for boutique offices.

We stopped for a light lunch at nearby Frenchys Cafe.


I don't mind queueing to order when the queue looks like this;


That night we had dinner at Una's Restaurant with its hearty middle European cuisine. I settled for Paprika Chicken;

Paprika Chicken
Mt ordered Veal Stroganoff, Fd settled for Veal Schnitzel and birthday girl Ll struggled through a massive Pork Knuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment