Sunday 1 September 2013

Enough already.....



I've been laid low by a cough turned head cold which emerged on Wednesday and still has my nose running and me sneezing this Sunday morning, the start of Spring in Australia.

I've felt lethargic, and am facing 'cabin fever' stuck at home. I had a ticket for the Opera yesterday and toyed with attending right up to an hour before performance time but my condition would not have endeared me to my fellow patrons I'm sure; so that was $275 down the drain. I couldn't negotiate a transfer - or at least didn't even consider doing so - as the ticket was for the final performance of 'Tosca' for the season.

I've been watching and snoozing through movies and sport on television and have fast scrolled through those horrendous election advertisements at every opportunity. And then there is this posting, my first attempt at any serious blogging activity for days.

Don't feel sorry for me. I certainly don't. I endure one of these colds once a year or so. They last a week or thereabouts and whilst I'm in the midst of one it seems like I may never feel well again. I always do. Eventually. And today it is spring. And this day next week the election will be over. And we won't be happy regardless of which disliked leader has been elected the Prime Minister.

And although I am not feeling recovered yet, I believe I am feeling the best I have since Wednesday so I will be going out with friends today and to the movies no less, my most favourite activity. Enough already.

4 comments:

  1. So ill you cannot post a caustic comment on my blog. You must be unwell. You could go out wearing a mask? Thankfully people get over colds and forget how miserable they felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been perfectly polite on your blog, Andrew!

      I'm not a mask wearing dude.........

      Delete