Tuesday 22 October 2013

Gravity 3D


Two astronauts find themselves lost in space when they are cut adrift from their base by rogue satellite debris.

'Gravity 3D' is doing well at the box office so the 'word of mouth' of those seeing it must have been positive. The reviews I have read about it have been supportive, even glowing. Yet a number of my friends disliked the film and one of them even walked out of it mid screening.

So I went to see it intrigued as to how I would react.

Well, I liked it. I liked it a lot.

The film doesn't pretend to be a documentary about space exploration nor does it purport to accurately explain the science of life in outer space. It is an entertainment of strong visual effects and an exercise in suspense.

So let the truth in film people poo poo it but even if the finale is a little too cute the visuals overall are exceptional and the suspense is well delivered. The 3D effects are superior to most I have seen.

★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment