Monday 16 December 2013

American Hustle


'American Hustle' has arrived in town amidst a blaze of critical acclaim. It is a colourful embellishment of actual events when the FBI set out to entrap a number of corrupt politicians.

I'm in two minds about the film. I found myself getting lost in the increasingly complex twists of who is conning who; on the other hand the film has an interesting technique, is quite stylised and is always attractive to view. The acting is excellent with Christian BaleJennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams leading the way but really the entire ensemble delivers.

The film contains a terrific 1980s soundtrack.

Perhaps I'm not as sold as the critics but this film is something different.
★★★1/2

1 comment:

  1. My cousin and I became just simply deliberating your extremely theme, he?ersus continually endeavouring to prove myself incorrect. Your take on it is amazing and in what ways I find myself. I at the mailed my buddy these pages to demonstrate your ex your existing check out. Immediately after missing your site We rescued and you will be finding their way back to read simple things a persons revisions!

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete