Sunday 23 March 2014

Dressed to kill

The Opera on Sydney Harbour attracts a diverse audience in age and dress. There were a few dressed quite formally but the fashion of most in attendance last night would be described as smart casual or just plain casual. Once the rains came the ponchos appeared and the audience turned into a sea of plastic.

However the fashions were on display pre the opera whilst the sun was in the sky and the rains had not yet arrived. This gentleman was certainly not formal. Whether he was smart casual or plain casual is a matter of opinion. Or perhaps you think he was lairy?

Scarf, black shirt, yellow pants & sock less(?)

10 comments:

  1. Victor,in my country all people are formally dressed when they go the opera house.
    In my opinion formal clothes are suitable ones for opera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia back in the 1960/70s Australians dressed up for the Opera, theatre and the cinema but nowadays many are very casually dressed indeed. Some look like they have come straight from the beach.

      Delete
  2. Wearing pants without socks is quite fashion forward. He must be gay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AdRad, thank you for articulating what I thought but wasn't game to say.

      Delete
  3. Lairy. I haven't heard that for years. Smart casual, I would suggest. Gay? Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were straight I'd probably go with lairy. I suggest Mrs Bucket would not regard it as smart casual.

      Delete
  4. I don't think gay - maybe English, though. Sockless is very much the fashion, or so D tells me. It was muggy and I think the outfit quite well chosen especially given the risk of sauteeing inside a plastic poncho once the rains came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I walked around sock less in those shoes I'd end up with feet covered in blisters.

      Delete
  5. Victor, did you get to see who picked up the bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe Disco, no I didn't keep watching.

      Delete