Sunday 11 January 2015

My station in aisle 6


I was idly scanning the digital radio stations last night when I came across a station I hadn't noticed previously, Coles Radio. Heigh Ho, I wondered is this the supermarket beast's background music in my own home? (No, I didn't really think 'Heigh Ho' but you get my meaning.)

Listening for a few minutes confirmed this was indeed a broadcast of the music played in the background at Coles stores, advertisements for store specials and all included.

No, I don't think I will save the station as one of my pre-set favourites.

2 comments:

  1. Does Coles really think anyone will tune in? Or perhaps it is an easy way to distribute the signal to its stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose Andrew there is an audience for almost anything.

      Delete