Thursday 4 June 2015

Vivid Sydney

It is that time of year again with the Vivid Light, Music and Ideas Festival being staged in Sydney. For those who can attend it concludes this Queen's Birthday holiday Monday evening.

I had a bit of a look last weekend following dinner with Fs who visited from Canberra for the Festival. The crowds are as heavy as ever, especially in sections around Circular Quay. Of the light displays in that sector I thought the lighting of the Customs House building is best. The lighting of the Museum of Contemporary Art is similar to past years. The Opera House effects whilst still clever are not as brilliant to the eye as last year's.

Although I lugged my Canon SLR around with me I ended up only using my iPhone for photos unfortunately with rather limited success.

Here are a few - click on photos to enhance size;

The Opera House viewed from the Overseas Passenger Terminal
Opera House
Customs House
Customs House
Customs House
Customs House
AMP Building (left) Customs House (lower right)
Opera House from the concourse
Opera Bar (below left) and Circular Quay

2 comments:

  1. You did very well with your phone camera. While I don't know what Vivid costs, it must bring a lot of money into Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine so Andrew, the crowds are huge and the restaurants in the vicinity are packed.

      Delete