Friday 6 November 2015

Light traffic and a storm arrives

I went into town this morning for some last minute shopping ahead of my trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. It was my first time in the CBD since the closure of the first section of George Street in preparation for the construction of the CBD and South-East Light Rail.

How pleasant from a pedestrian point of view it was to be able to move about without dodging vehicles. And how nice it was without the noise and smells those vehicles bring with them.

George Street, Sydney

I returned home mid afternoon just ahead of a fierce looking storm announcing its arrival as seen from my dining room.

Tha'r she blows
Ten minutes later the sky was dark, thunder and lightning passed overhead. Another five minutes and the sky is already brighter and clearer. Until the next storm appears.

2 comments:

  1. Bon voyage! I hope you will have photos on your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in Sydney now wcs and photos will follow.

      Delete