Tuesday 28 June 2016

Hunt For The Wilderpeople


In 'Hunt For The Wilderpeople' a troubled teenager is fostered out to a couple who live near New Zealand wilderness from where he enters a whole new world of troublesome activities.

This New Zealand film is based on a series of books which I understand are beloved in that country and so it has proved very popular there notwithstanding that the movie departs at some points from the books.

When I saw the trailer my reaction was that I wouldn't enjoy the somewhat parochial humour and I only went to see the film as a companion for a friend rather than through personal choice.

I'm glad I did. Despite my misgiving I enjoyed much of the humour and the film itself has some quite heartwarming aspects.

Besides that, the wilderness scenes are often breath taking.

An unexpected pleasure.

★★★1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment