Sunday 26 February 2017

T2: Trainspotting


I never saw the original 'Trainspotting' which has become a cult classic. Twenty-one years later the sequel, 'T2: Trainspotting', sets out what happens when the four petty criminals cross paths apparently for the first time since their earlier escapades. Foremost on their minds is the £16,000 which one of them Ewan McGregor absconded.

The Scottish accents are a challenge and the violence gets a bit heavy but I didn't find my lack of knowledge of the original to be an issue. References to the earlier movie are helpful and do not intrude.

Despite it's style, an oddly affectionate tale of male friendship.

✮✮✮✮


4 comments:

  1. I saw the original and I cannot remember a thing about it, except Ewan McGregor being in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard a lot about the original without seeing it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think this was a bigger hit in the UK and Australia than in your part of the world Dora.

      Delete