Friday 15 September 2017

Talk, talk, talk


A friend once told me that I am a great - maybe he said, 'good' - conversationalist. It was a generous comment but I don't see myself that way. I'm often stuck for words in social situations. Conversely when I think I have something to say I can barely hold my tongue and often end up speaking over the top of someone else. It is not an attractive quality.

To compound that shortcoming I have tendency to speak without thinking of the consequences. I must learn to bide my time and consider my words.

4 comments:

  1. You just described me! Or, at least, how I see myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and is there a point? Ah, self analysis. I do it often and frequently, but never seem to come to a satisfactory answer. As R will reinforce, I am quite hopeless.

    ReplyDelete